10 Minute Beef Stroganoff
There’s nothing like a warm and comforting meal that not only satisfies your whole family, but is quick and easy (and cheap!) as well. Beef Stroganoff takes me back to my childhood (where I called it “Stronaron.”) The pasta in the meal makes it approachable for young eaters, and the chunks of beef satisfy even the manliest of appetites. Some recipes out there really complicate stroganoff….making it seem inaccessible or too time-consuming for a busy mom to pull off during the week. Let’s face it….Dinner time at most houses is “the witching hour.” The kids are cranky, our energy level is just about depleted, and we don’t have an hour to be in the kitchen.
Well ladies, I am here to the rescue with a lightning fast stroganoff for you. (Now, keep in mind….I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…I am NOT a foodie, a gourmet, or someone super concerned with organic, etc….HOWEVER, I am a busy mom of three who likes to put tasty, hot food on the table that my family enjoys eating!)
Here is what you’ll need to make 10 Minute Beef Stroganoff (and I’ll bet you have most of it on hand!)
1 lb. stew meat (this comes already chopped!)
1 container sliced button mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup beef broth
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Catalina dressing (ketchup will work too)
16 oz package of egg noodles
1. Start your water and get it boiling! As soon as your water boils, drop your egg noodles!
2. Brown your stew meat over medium-high heat in several tablespoons of vegetable oil.
3. When the meat is brown, add your mushrooms, and saute until almost translucent and soft.
4. Add your wet ingredients, stirring well to incorporate the sour cream and soup.
5. Let the sauce simmer until the noodles are ready to go.
6. Drain the egg noodles, and add the noodles to the sauce! Let the noodles absorb some of the saucy goodness!
7. Eat and enjoy!!