I am a huge fan of quick and easy desserts. The giant smiles I receive when I announce that there is a special dessert for anyone who finishes their dinner is SO worth the five minutes of prep time! This dessert was super tasty, rich, and actually not all that bad for you! This is chocolate and peanut butter goodness…I mean really, how can you go wrong when a recipe calls for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups?
Here is what you’ll need to make this completely company-worthy, but simple enough for a Tuesday night dessert!
1 5.9 oz box of instant chocolate pudding (you can use sugar free if you wish!)
2 cups milk
1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
1 small tub Cool Whip (I used the “Lite”, but you can use non-fat too!)
1. Add 2 cups of cold milk to your mixing bowl. (I highly recommend using your KitchenAid mixer if you have one! If you have any type of electric mixer, use it with this recipe! There is nothing worse than chunky pudding!)
2. Dump in the box of instant chocolate pudding, and beat on medium speed for two minutes. The pudding mixture will become very thick and fudgy. (This is a good thing!) Don’t follow the package directions! You really will only need the 2 cups of milk!
3. Gently mix in the chopped peanut butter cups. (You can also use other candy bars! I think Snickers, Heath, York, etc. would be awesome!)
4. Fold in the tub of Cool Whip.
5. Scoop your mousse into individual containers, and refrigerate. This is an easy dessert to exercise portion control. You can use any size container you wish. The richness of the dessert allows you to serve a smaller portion if necessary. (This would also make a phenomenal pie! You could easily pour the pudding mixture into an Oreo pie crust…yummy!!!)
6. Eat and enjoy! You can garnish the top with an extra peanut butter cup if you wish, but these dessert cups stand alone. They are rich, creamy, and delicious!
(It should be noted that if you plan to leave these in the fridge overnight, you’ll want to cover them with saran wrap, as they will develop a “pudding skin.” However, I highly doubt they will last that long in your fridge!)
Go enjoy peanut butter and chocolate heaven!