“Olive Garden” Breadsticks
With the popularity of my “Olive Garden Fettuccine” post, I thought I would share my recipe for “Olive Garden” breadsticks. These are pretty darn close to the real thing, and are one of my all-time favorite bread recipes (and I’m a bit of a bread recipe addict..) Because you make the dough in the bread machine, these are also fairly easy to make (and so worth it!)
I had tried a few other copycat recipes for these breadsticks out there, and all of the actual “bread” just didn’t measure up for me. So, I decided to try the buttery/seasoned topping with the breadstick recipe given to me by my godmother. Sweet garlicky perfection. Enjoy!!
Here is what you’ll need to make the breadsticks!
1/2 cup + 2 T milk
3 c. flour
1 1/2 t. salt
1/3 cup softened margarine
3 T sugar
2 1/2 t yeast
1/3 c. melted butter or margarine
2 t. garlic powder (I like to use Johnny’s Great Caesar! Garlic Spread and Seasoning)
1 t salt (or garlic salt if you like extra garlic flavor)
1. Place all ingredients (except melted butter, garlic powder and 1 t. salt) in the bread machine pan. Select dough setting.
2. When the dough cycle has finished, remove dough from pan and cut into 12 pieces.
3. Roll each piece of dough into a six inch rope.
4. Allow the breadsticks to rise on a greased baking sheet for about 30 minutes.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees while the breadsticks are rising.
6. Combine the garlic powder, salt, and melted butter. Brush half of the seasoned butter on top of the breadstricks, and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove breadsticks from oven and brush with remaining butter. Place the breadsticks back in the oven for another 1-2 minutes.
8. Remove and serve warm. (And try not to eat all of them!)Pin It