Are you salivating yet? The name of these brownies alone makes me hungry. After my triumph in creating the Cookies and Cream Brownies, and knowing how much fun I have adding deliciousness to cake mixes, I began to search for more creative brownie recipes, and stumbled upon peanut butter cookie dough brownies. Holy wow.
These were amazing (and something I had pinned on pinterest that was actually worth pinning…) I have no idea who the original creator of these genius little treats is (as it has been pinned by multiple people), but whoever you are, you are a brownie goddess and we thank you.
If you’re ready to never look at a brownie the same way, here are the ingredients you’ll need…
9×13 pan of brownies, baked and cooled (any mix will do…prepare the “fudge” style)
And now for the amazing topping…
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 T milk
1 T vanilla
2 cups flour
M&M’s for garnish
1. In an electric mixer (yay for KitchenAid!), cream together the butter and peanut butter, until it is nice and smooth.
2. Add the sugars and mix until fluffy. Add in the milk and vanilla and mix until smooth and well incorporated. (At this point, the mix will look fairly “soupy” and you’ll think you’ve done something wrong. Trust the process.)
3. Add the flour and mix until fully combined.
4. Try not to just dig in with a spoon and devour the whole bowl.
5. Spread the dough on top of the cooled brownies in a nice even layer. Sprinkle the top with m&m’s. (You’ll need to press down on them just a bit to get them to stick.)
6. Refrain from eating the whole pan yourself, and share these with someone EXTRA special!
(I’d tell you to enjoy, but I know you will…)Pin It