Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes
As a busy mother of four, I am always on the lookout for kid-friendly meals that are easy to prepare and use the ingredients I have on hand. I’m a fan of meals that are easy on the budget that will satisfy everyone at my table.
I’ve had my eye on versions of this recipe for awhile now. It’s one of those recipes that has been pinned by many. However, after being burned by several Pinterest recipes lately, I was cautiously optimistic while preparing this. I am SO happy to report that this was loved by everyone at our table, and we will definitely be making this again!
This had all the great flavors of a chicken pot pie, without all the work of preparing a pie crust!
The recipe I followed can be found HERE. Any changes I made are noted below.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the chicken in the oil until no longer pink. (As a tip, I like to dice my chicken when it is still a tiny bit frozen. I find it easier to cut.)
3. Add the onion and broth, and heat until simmering. Add the frozen veggies and spices, and heat until the mixture is hot and most of the liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
5. Mix together the ingredients for the baking mixture.
6. Put one Tablespoon (measure so you will have enough!) of the baking mixture into each greased muffin cup. (Make sure you spray your muffin pan with cooking spray!)
7. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in each cup. I found it was easier to use less to ensure I would have enough, and then go back and fill in with the extra. (If you have a Pampered Chef cookie scoop, it worked perfectly for this.)
8. Put one more Tablespoon of the baking mixture on top of the chicken mixture. (I had just enough!)
9. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Even picky eaters will be asking for seconds! This makes 12 regular sized “cupcakes.” Enjoy this quick and easy dinner idea! Pin It