Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
My husband has staff meetings on Tuesday mornings, which gives me a wonderful reason to bake every Monday night. Baking is therapeutic for me, and I absolutely love making treats for other people. Today’s recipe is perfect for showing someone you care….I mean, cookie dough on top of a brownie?!? Whoever gets these HAS to be pretty darn special.
About a year ago, I made a peanut butter version of these brownies, and have watched them disappear every time I make them. Personally, I prefer the peanut butter cookie dough brownies, but my husband doesn’t care for peanut butter desserts. I know, I know…I suppose I’ll keep him anyways. =) I had seen a few versions of this take on cookie dough brownies, and thought these would be more up his alley. This version however, combines two of my all-time favorite sweets….chocolate chip cookie dough and brownies.
For all of you concerned about eating raw cookie dough, fear not! This dough contains no eggs and is perfectly safe to eat as is. (And you’ll want to eat it!) This amount of dough easily covers a 13×9 pan of brownies. The original recipe bakes only a small square pan of brownies for this amount of dough…Personally, I think it would WAY too rich to have a thicker layer of the dough. The large pan still allows for a nice thick amount of dough.
1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients needed to prepare) – You can certainly make a home-made brownie, but be forewarned that with the dough, these brownies are VERY rich. A homemade brownie may send these over the top.
3/4 cup butter or margarine (That is 1 and 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
3 T milk
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips, and as per usual, I didn’t measure…It’s chocolate chips…You won’t go wrong!)
1. Start by preparing your favorite 13×9 brownie recipe. Because I had four kids running around (and honestly, because I sort of prefer them), I used a boxed brownie mix. Prepare as directed and allow to cool.
2. While the brownies are baking, mix up your dough. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in your wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients, and beat until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
*Note that the dough will look like, feel like, and taste like cookie dough! This is cookie dough in all of its wonderfully grainy and creamy goodness.
3. Refrigerate your cookie dough until your brownies have cooled completely.
4. Spread the cookie dough on top of the brownies. This CAN be a bit tricky. You are most likely going to have to use your hands for at least part of the process. SO worth it!
5. Refrigerate the brownies until you’re ready to serve them. Serve with a fork and a glass of milk!
I found this recipe over at Recipe Girl. You can check out the original HERE.Pin It