25 Books About Earth Day
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” ~ Dr. SeussAs we join together today to celebrate Earth Day, let’s pledge to raise responsible and caring children who are committed to helping protect their planet.
Today, I invite you to check out one of the following 25 books. Books are a FANTASTIC way to get kids excited about helping the Earth. Snuggle up with your young learner today and talk about ways they can help. Little hands can do BIG things. As you read, your child may be inspired to take charge of household recycling. He may want to start a garden or plant a tree. She might want to pick up litter at a local park. Follow your child’s interests and find ways to encourage them!
Happy reading and happy Earth Day!
4. Earth Day- Hooray! by Stuart J. Murphy (one of my favorite math authors!)
7. Biscuit’s Earth Day Celebration by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (Had to put this one near the top b/c it got my young reader excited about Earth Day!)
9. Fancy Nancy: Everyday is Earth Day by Jane O’Connor (and this one got my little girl excited!)
10. Charlie and Lola: We are Extremely Very Good Recyclers by Lauren Child (I LOVE Charlie and Lola!)
22. Hannah and the Talking Tree by Elke Weiss (I’ve spoken with this author, and she’s awesome!)
24. Michael Reycle by Ellie Bethel (there are a few more if your child enjoys this one!)