Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
*This post is sponsored by Hormel. As a Hormel Extended Family Blogger, I receive free products and information to facilitate my posts. All opinions are my own.
I am a BIG believer in homemade cookies. During the school year, I try to always have homemade cookies on hand to throw in the lunchbox, or serve up with some fruit as an after-school snack. Nothing is more comforting than a cookie and a glass of milk.
These cookie bars are so incredibly easy to make, and come together with a few pantry staples. I love not having to wait to make multiple batches. With cookie bars, simply mix up the dough, pat it into the pan, and bake!
These tasty little bars also features Skippy® Creamy Peanut Butter (a pantry must-have IMO!) I found the recipe HERE. Peanut butter lovers should check out the Skippy® Pinterest Board. There are TONS of incredible recipes.
Ready to make these quick, easy, and delicious bars? Here we go!
- 1 cup SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips (We totally eye-balled this, as we buy the HUGE bag from Costco.)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the peanut butter, butter, eggs, and water. Mix well.
3. Stir in the cake mix. Add chocolate chips when blended.
4. Spray a 13×9 inch pan. Press the dough mixture into the pan. (It will be thick, and you will need to use your hands!)
5. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. (Oven times and temps do vary, so keep a close eye!)
Enjoy! These are delicious, and the perfect treat for your child’s lunchbox. Happy baking.Pin It