Easy Slow-Cooker Taco Chicken
*This post is sponsored by Hormel. As a Hormel Extended Family Blogger, I receive free products and information to facilitate my posts. All opinions are my own.
I cannot stress to you enough how much I love my slow-cooker. It saves me time and time again. There is just something so magical about throwing a few ingredients in a pot and escaping the hassle of preparing dinner that night. (Trust me, if I can be out of the kitchen during my childrens’ “witching hour”, I will be!)
Last week I knew our evening was going to be hectic and wanted to throw something in the crockpot. I had no idea what I was making. I had frozen chicken breasts I wanted to use and thought something in the “Mexican food” genre sounded good. I opened my pantry and my fridge and found a few of my favorite products.
This dish came together SO easily and was incredibly tasty. You can use the meat in tacos, burritos, or enchiladas, or on nachos, as we did. It would also be phenomenal on top of a salad.
boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
Chi-Chi’s® Original Mild Salsa
La Victoria ® Green Taco Sauce
Taco Seasoning Mix (store bought or make your own)
This recipe is great because you can adjust the recipe by adding how much you need. I included how much I used for my family. I made enough for 2 adults and 2 kids.
1. Place your chicken in the bottom of your slow-cooker. I use frozen chicken breasts all the time, but if this makes you uncomfortable, feel free to use thawed chicken.
2. Pour the salsa on top of the chicken. (I used about half a jar.)
3. Shake some of the green taco sauce on top. I LOVE the flavor of the La Victoria Green Taco Sauce, but you can use as much as you like. I probably used about 1/4- 1/3 of a cup.
4. Sprinkle 1 tsp of taco seasoning on top.
This is SO simple and practically foolproof. You won’t mess this up.
5. When cooked on high, your chicken will be done in 3-4 hours, depending on the amount you used and your specific slow-cooker. My chicken typically tends to be done from frozen in about 3 hours.
6. When your chicken is cooked, shred the chicken with two forks, and stir with the sauce. Let simmer until ready to serve.
Enjoy this incredibly easy and delicious weeknight meal. (You can also freeze this chicken and use on another day!)
*For more recipes uisng La Victoria taco sauce, click HERE.Pin It