Black Bean Quesadillas
Who doesn’t love a great quesadilla? They’re cheesy, gooey, and so easy to customize. They’re even better when you have something great to dip them in! I threw these black bean quesadillas together this week, and they served as a nice simple supper for me and the kids. While we didn’t miss the meat, you could easily add shredded chicken or ground beef or turkey. Whether you’re running late and need dinner in a hurry or if you’re looking for something tasty to serve up for the big game, these black bean quesadillas are for you!
oil or cooking spray
Tortillas of your choice
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 tsp cumin (I may bump this up next time!)
Monterey Jack cheese (Who measures cheese?! You can’t go wrong!)
red onion (diced fine)
CHI-CHI’S® Salsa (I used Cilantro)
When making quesadillas, you really can’t go wrong! Use what YOU like or what you have on hand.
1. Start by prepping your filling. Drain and rinse beans, and add cumin, onion, and any other desired ingredients. Grate your cheese.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of oil or spray the skillet with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the hot skillet.
3. Add cheese and desired toppings. Top with second tortilla.
4. Flip quesadilla after one minute, and allow to cook on second side until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown.
5. Cut into wedges and serve with Wholly Guacamole or CHI-CHI’S Salsa.
*As a Hormel Extended Family Blogger, I receive free product and information to help facilitate my posts. All opinions are my own.