We have had a busy couple of weeks as a family. Between restoring some hard wood flooring, a few press events, our daughter’s baptism, and other day-to-day homeschooling and housework, life has just been nuts. On top of all the “busyness” it’s been raining pretty much non-stop and we’ve been sick. So today, we needed a breather.
It was a sweatpants and jammies day. The kids did a lot of reading, a lot of math puzzles, and played board games during recess. And me? I baked. Baking has always been an activity that just slows me down.
I recently discovered pudding cookies – and just love them. They are so soft and delicious – and require less use of sugar and flour. These cookies feature pudding AND chunks of Oreo cookies – and guys – they are SO good!
If you’re having a busy week, give yourself 15 minutes and whip up a batch of these cookies!
1 1/2 sticks margarine*
1/4 c. shortening
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
16 crushed Oreo cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together margarine, shortening, and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and pudding mix.
- Put Oreo cookies into a Ziploc bag and crush with your hands….or a rolling pin or meat mallet if you’re feeling particularly aggressive. You want to leave them somewhat chunky, rather than creating Oreo “dust.”
- Mix in the Oreo chunks and chocolate chips.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes. I always slightly under-bake my cookies and let them continue to “bake” on the pan outside of the oven. I just don’t care for crunchy cookies.
These cookies are SO soft and delicious. They were snatched up so quickly at our house, that I only got ONE!! Guess that just gives me an excuse to make them again right? 😉 Happy baking everyone!
Love Cookies? Want More Recipes?