LEGO Nonfiction Books – Exciting Nonfiction Books for Kids + Giveaway
*This post is brought to you in partnership with Scholastic. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review. Opinions are my own.
As parents, we want to raise readers. I love watching my children get caught up in a good book.When most children go to select a book, they reach for a fiction book. We all love stories, but I want my kids to be well-rounded readers who also have a love of non-fiction.
LEGO® Nonfiction to the rescue!
WHAT IS LEGO NONFICTION?
Two powerhouse brands, LEGO and Scholastic, come together to reinvent children’s nonfiction publishing. In this innovative new publishing program, LEGO models and minifigures are illustrated in fun and fantastic scenarios throughout as the first point of engagement for kids with real-world topics. This program represents a marriage of core values between LEGO and Scholastic: imagination, creativity, fun, and learning, as well as providing the most engaging, educational information for children.
- An imaginative, fun, and informative nonfiction reading experience from Scholastic and The LEGO Group—two of the most trusted brands in the world
- Visually stimulating packaging, interiors, and added-value including die-cuts, foil, and stickers
- A combination of LEGO illustrations with real world photographs yield HILARIOUS and INFORMATIVE books kids won’t put down.
- Humor and creativity that kids LOVE and EXPECT from the LEGO brand
- “Building starters” throughout each book encourage the connection between the reading experience and real-world LEGO building
- Amazing facts that kids WANT to know from Scholastic
LEGO Nonfiction books will be released for a variety of reading levels, ranging from ages 4 – 12. The first four books are in stores now! My kids couldn’t get enough of these books! They very quickly made the rounds at bedtime- and all 4 kids LOVED these books!! I am confident the child in your life will love them too.
Here is a little more information about the books:
Leveled Readers (ages 5- 7)
Emerging nonfiction readers love exploring favorite themes! The “Leveled Readers” series will consist of three levels which will be called out on book covers. Each level builds in complexity as the child’s nonfiction literacy skills progress. Each book also includes stickers!
o Plus more Leveled Readers titles to come in 2017!
Favorite Topics (ages 7 – 10)
Focused, deeper dives into topics kids love, including:
o plus more Favorite Topics titles to come in 2017!
Ultimate Fact Book (ages 8-12)
Coming October 2016: Factastic: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
The ultimate holiday gift book, packed with amazing facts and real-world photos the whole family can enjoy!
More LEGO Nonfiction books to come in 2017, including Early Readers (ages 4-8) and Activity Books (ages 6-9).
See the products on Scholastic.com
Join the conversation using #LEGOnonfiction
I have an exciting giveaway for you, featuring these incredible LEGO books AND a gift card!! Thanks so much for entering and don’t forget to look for these books!
One (1) winner receives copies of four LEGO Nonfiction books:
- Deep Dive
- Dino Safari
- Knights and Castles
- Plus a Lego Nonfiction poster and a $50 Lego gift card to get reading and get learning as a family!
Giveaway open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Scholastic.
Get those entries in and good luck!!
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 The LEGO Group. All Rights Reserved.