36 Fun Facts About Bekki: The Blogger Behind Chasing Supermom
Today is my 36th birthday. My family and I are on a road-trip. If you’ve read any of my social media profiles, you’ll know that I am a huge lover of road-trips. You might also know that I have 4 kids, run a mom’s ministry, and am passionate about encouraging moms. BUT, I thought it would be fun to share a few fun (and super-random!) facts about myself today – letting you get to know me just a bit better.
I love finding things out about the people I follow online – it makes me feel like they’re one of my friends. (And hey, if we’re friends in real life, maybe you’ll find out something you didn’t know yet!)
Have a wonderful day everyone. Thanks for helping to make my birthday (and every day!) special by the support you give me by reading my posts and engaging with me online. Here’s to 36!
1. I’m an only child.
2. I am a VORACIOUS and very-fast reader. My kids literally had an “intervention” with me a few weeks ago to tell me they think I read too much. I could read for hours every day – and do just that as often as I can.
3. I don’t eat white condiments. I don’t like mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, or any kind of salad dressing. Bleh.
4. My favorite flowers are lilacs.
5. I am
a bit obsessed with Disneyland.
6. My favorite Disney character is Alice. (However, I only like the animated Alice from 1951! I really dislike the live-action Tim Burton re-make.)
7. One of my dreams is to take our kids to each of the 50 states before they move out. (We’ve hit about 20 with them so far!)
8. I’m a morning person. (I’m also the only person in the house who is a morning person!)
9. I typically prefer the side dishes to the entree. Several foods considered “side dishes” are some of my favorites including stuffing, refried beans, and mashed potatoes.
10. I love jazz. LOVE it!
11. Despite not really being an “animal person”, I now live on a farm with 14 cows, a horse, 7 chickens, and 2 cats.
12. I’ve written in a journal for each of my kids every single day they’ve been alive. It’s been a commitment for sure, but I love that they’ll have documentation of their life.
13. I prefer fruity candy to chocolate candy.
14. I was a classroom teacher for 5 years. I taught 2nd grade, LAP, and Kindergarten.
16. I love helping people find practical application in the Bible and in literature.
17. I would love to write a book one day. I wrote a short family devotional several years ago, and have been slowly working to develop it into a full book. I also have about a third of another book written. One of these days I’ll pick them both back up.
18. I have a very good memory – especially in relation to things I hear. This is useful when I want to remember a great lecture or sermon -but on the flip side, my head is full of all kinds of useless information like every song lyric or commercial jingle I’ve ever heard, as well as all the words to every episode of Friends, The Office, and Full House.
19. Unfortunately, my memory does not work in all situations. I lose EVERYTHING. All the time. It’s not a normal week at my house unless we have frantically searched for something.
20. I’ve lived in the Pacific Northwest my entire life.
21. I love “Old Hollywood.”I love the era of Jimmy Stewart, Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Danny Kaye, and Audrey Hepburn.
22. Towards that end, my go-to “happy” music is music from that era. Two of my favorite stations on Pandora/Spotify are Frank Sinatra Radio and Doris Day Radio.
23. I’ve read the entire Bible every year for the past 20 years.
24. I went 35 years without breaking a bone, and then went on to break 3 toes in 1 year. (And I don’t even have cool injury stories – I’m just a klutz.)
25. I’m terrified of heights! (I mean – get-woozy-on-the-second-floor-of-the-mall type of hating heights!)
26. Despite living in a state that borders Canada my whole life, I’ve never been there.
27. My favorite season is fall.
28. I didn’t start drinking coffee until about 3 years ago, and now I can’t imagine a day without it.
29. If I really need to think about an idea, I have to write it down using pencil and paper. I organize my thoughts more clearly when I actually write instead of type.
30. Along those lines, I have to use an old-fashioned calendar. I have never once looked at the calendar feature on my phone. I need to write things down in order to remember them.
31. If you’re familiar with the Myers-Briggs test, I’m a very solid ISTJ. I’ve taken about 10 versions of this test (including the legit Myers-Briggs you have to pay for) and get the same result every time.
32. I am definitely a jeans-and-a-t-shirt type of girl.
33. If a restaurant has nachos on the menu, it’s about a 97% certainty that’s what I’ll order.
34. I LOVE to bake! I My favorite things to bake are cookies, brownies, and home-made bread and rolls.
35. I hate watching tv before 8 p.m. During the day, I prefer my house to be quiet and free from as many distractions as possible.
36. Not surprisingly, I love lists! (I have an entire “Lists” category on the blog for my fellow list-lovers!)
Thanks for taking the time to find out a little more about me.