Welcome back ladies. It’s Sunday and time to step into the weekly confessional and confess our mothering sins and guilt, seeking absolution, validation, and a reminder that “Supermom” is not a real person. None of us has it all together. We all stumble and fall, say and do dumb things, and have non-perfect children. Yep, even that “one mom” you are thinking of right now, saying to yourself, “I’m SURE (fill in name here) doesn’t have anything to confess!” Trust me, she does! We’re all in this together, figuring out daily how to be better mothers, making mistakes along the way. In sharing our silly stories with each other, we can gain more confidence and find much needed support.
To check out all of the past volumes of “The Confessional” click here : Confessional Archives.
This week, I am returning to “The Confessional” for the first time since Volume 2! I am always on the lookout for guest bloggers for this weekly feature. If you would like the chance to seek forgiveness for your “sins”, send me a message and let me know!
Father forgive me…
1. Recently I took my son on a trip to the grocery store with me. I noticed half-way through my shopping that he had taken several large bites out of the brick of cheese. I put it back and got a new one….
2. My kids don’t like Spaghettios. There are 4 cans in the pantry. =)
3. On occasion, I’ve been known to throw crayons, dominoes, and small toys away because it was faster than putting them where they actually belonged…
4. In nearly every load of laundry I do, I find a myriad of “treasures” in the bottom of the washer. Let’s just say, Mr. Potato Head has VERY clean appendages.
5. Sometimes, I will hang up my bra on the doorknob in my closet. One day, my daughter brings it to me, and says, “Mommy, here are your boo-boo glasses!” She still calls them this. =)
5 1/2. JUST NOW, I was helping my son go potty. I had just stepped out of the shower, and wasn’t fully dressed yet. As he was going, he looks at me, and says, “Mommy, you’re just like the mermaid!”
6. I caught my daughter standing at the front windows one evening around dinnertime. She had her little hand on her hip and said in a VERY exasperated voice, “David! Where ARE you?!” Hmm…wonder where she got that one……Oops!
7. My husband refuses to go to IKEA with me anymore, as he says when I enter that store, suddenly all of our furniture and decorations become inadequate…
Until next week my friends…..you are forgiven. =)