In honor of Valentine’s Day, I wanted to take a few minutes and recognize the valentine in my life, my amazing husband David. I am so blessed to have him in my life and am so proud to be his wife. I could list a million reasons why I love him, but for today, I have 100….100 reasons why he is the very best….100 ways he blesses my life…I challenge you to come up with a list for the valentine in YOUR life today…maybe not 100….maybe 10….List 10 things about them that you LOVE. 10 things they do that make you smile…..These are NOT reasons why you love them…We should love the people in our life unconditionally, not because they do things for us. However, you can tell them how they bless you, how they cheer you up, and reasons they make you feel proud to be theirs. This is also a wonderful thing to do for your child! Letting those in your life know that you love them is one of the most important things you can do. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, and Happy Valentine’s Day David! I love you!
David is a blessing to me because…
1. He is an amazing father to Hannah, Henry, and Harrison.
2. He works hard to provide for our family every single day.
3. He is level-headed in all situations.
4. He is one of the funniest people I know, and makes me laugh every single day.
5. He has never missed one of our doctor’s appointments. He makes it a point to be there for us.
6. He always opens my car door for me.
7. He can always tell when something is bothering me, and tries to find a solution for me.
8. He refuses to settle for mediocrity.
9. I can be a total dork around him and he will love me anyways.
10. Hes comfortable enough to be a total dork around me too. =)
11. He is a true leader. He is organized, kind, and leads in such a way that people want to follow him.
12. His word is his bond.
13. He works with his hands. He has made me many pieces of beautiful furniture far better than you could buy in any store.
14. He doesn’t take his work home with him, and instead puts me and the kids first when he is at home.
15. He makes me want to be a better person.
16. He will text, instant message, or email me everyday just to say he loves me and to see how my day is going.
17. He prays with me each night before bed.
18. He takes our dog out every night, allowing me to get ready for bed.
19. He is very intelligent and he can converse about a wide variety of subjects including philosophy, theology, literature, world events, politics and religion in general.
20. He is one of the few people I will actually try to learn from in a conversation, as he always makes thoughtful and insightful comments, and never talks simply to hear his own voice.
21. He has the ability to train and mold people relating to their job, work-efficiency, relationally, and spiritually.
22. He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. No organic nectarines, whole wheat pasta, bean curd, or soy milk at our house.
23. He is a man of courage.
24. He is fun and playful. He likes to have a good time.
25. He is very very slow to anger.
26. He not only makes sure we have everything we need, but also tries to ensure that we can have all the things we want as well. He plans fun into our family budget.
27. He is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
28. He takes care of me when I am sick, making sure that I get enough liquid, take my vitamins, and watches the kids so I can take a nap.
29. He has an amazing ability to be diplomatic with everyone, even those people who seek to cause him harm and/or are unappreciative of him.
30. He has a natural charisma about him.
31. He always asks what he can do to help anytime we are having company.
32. He lets me ramble on about teaching, my blog, stupid tv, etc…
33. He is a man of humility.
34. He takes great care of our yard. The lawn is always mowed and the landscaping looks nice.
35. He still takes me out on dates.
36. He is an incredible visionary with great ideas and a handle on how things should be done in order to see his vision through.
37. He is a man of action. If he sees something that needs to be done, he will do it.
38. He has never gone to sleep without me.
39. He is highly creative.
40. He still gives me butterflies.
41. He thinks stupid things are funny just like I do.
42. He is sweet.
43. If I hear a noise in the middle of the night, he will get up and go check out the house and the yard for me.
44. He handles all of our finances, including paying all of the bills, doing all the banking, and managing the budget.
45. He rubbed my back every single day of my pregnancy, and rarely says no when I ask him now.
46. He wants me to be happy, and will do almost anything to make sure that I am.
47. He would do anything to protect me and the kids.
48. He makes me feel beautiful.
49. He is the spiritual leader of our household. He often teaches me new things through discussion, his teachings at church, and his living example.
50. He came to things at my school like the Christmas program, back to school night and kindergarten graduation, just to support me. Now, he does things to help support my blog, and genuinely cares about my success.
51. He doesn’t have to ask what I want when he goes to pick up food from any restaurant. He already knows what I will order.
52. He encourages me to buy things for myself, even when I try to say no.
53. He sings to me.
54. He will turn off the air conditioning in the car if I’m cold, even when he is burning up.
55. He always smells good.
56. He compliments me on how well I keep up the house, and makes me feel like I do a good job.
57. He will offer to run to the store every time I say I want something, even if it is something silly or unnecessary.
58. He comforts me when I am afraid, and doesn’t make fun of my irrational fears.
59. He changes lots of diapers, and does so without complaint.
60. He is the most handsome man I have ever seen.
61. He will watch girly movies without complaint.
62. He isn’t afraid to hold my hand at the park, put his arm around me at church, or kiss me in the grocery store.
63. He would never dream of sitting around playing video games and/or watching sports all day long.
64. He has a strong work-ethic.
65. He has never let us go to bed angry. He works to resolve any differences that may come up right away, and does so in a loving manner.
66. He will sit and watch shows that he doesn’t like such as, Dr. Phil, Peoples Court, Americas Next Top Model, etc. with me.
67. He has never once complained about what we are having for dinner. I could make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every single night and he would never say a word about it.
68. He is amazingly talented in many areas such as music, technology, woodworking, and fathering.
69. He brings me flowers, treats, and leaves me little notes for no reason.
70. He is extremely dependable. If he says he will do something, he will do it.
71. He is the grill-master! He also makes the best pancakes in the whole wide world.
72. He cares about and values my opinions, and always includes me in household decisions.
73. He knows how to win people over, and get them on his side.
74. He is the only man I know who does EVERY SINGLE night-time feeding!
75. He loves the outdoors.
76. He is one of the most laid-back and easy-going people I have ever met.
77. Even though he is already the best, he studies ways to become a better husband to me.
78. He takes care of both of the cars. He notices when I need gas and puts it in, he washes the car when it gets dirty, and he will always take it in for an oil change.
79. He admits when he is wrong, and asks for my forgiveness, seeking ways to fix the situation any way he can.
80. He lets me cry on his shoulder whenever I need to, and he always wipes away my tears and tells me it will all be okay.
81. He is my rock. He keeps me strong when I feel weak or down.
82. He plays with my hair.
83. He doesn’t raise his voice to me or say hurtful things when he is upset.
84. He notices the details.
85. He is gracious towards me if I have hurt his feelings or done something that I shouldn’t have.
86. He lets me put my icy cold feet on him in bed.
87. He has a quick wit.
88. Hes man enough to wear pink.
89. He knows all about technology and keeps us up to date with all of the coolest gadgets and electronics, and always knows how to fix our computer problems.
90. He will not back down when he sees a problem that needs to be fixed or addressed, but will instead work steadfastly to find a solution with all people involved.
91. He holds me on his lap when Ive had a hard day.
92. He plays so sweetly and lovingly with our kids.
93. He balances me. He is strong where I am weak.
94. He helps me to relax, and always tries to find ways to relieve stress in our lives.
95. He tells me I look beautiful every single day.
96. I can trust him with my private thoughts and secrets.
97. He has such a good heart.
98. He is a man of ambition. He has goals, and actively seeks ways to turn them into a reality.
99. He loves the Lord with all of his heart, and strives to live a Christ-like life.
100. He’s my very best friend, and I could not live a day without him. He truly completes me and is more than I could have asked for or imagined.
wow thats amazing can you have him give my boy some tips or can I have a clone of him? Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your family!
I love it, what a wonderful way to honor and love your partner on a day like today!