I am usually not a huge pork fan, but with one forkful of this extremely moist and flavorful meal, I was hooked…This will be my new go-to recipe for pork! This meal is EASY, and utilizes God’s gift to the busy mom, the crock pot! I’ve gotta say, there is something so deeply wonderful about taking 3 minutes in the morning, getting to smell delicious food all day, and having no stress at dinner time….ahhh….dinner perfection.
I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and in turn found a great new food blog, Chef in Training.
Here is what you’ll need to make this super simple and oh so tasty pork!
- Pork (Chef in Training suggests you use pork chops, but I used pork carnitas. They are a cheap cut of meat and my grocery store sells large family value packs of the carnitas.)
- 1 packet of dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 small can cream of chicken soup
That’s it!! Talk about a value meal!
1. Place pork in bottom of crockpot.
2. Sprinkle entire packet of Ranch dressing mix on top of the meat.
3. Pour can of soup on top of the meat.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours.
This meat is extremely fork tender. I couldn’t even pick up a piece of the meat without it falling apart! The meat had so much flavor and was so very moist! I served mine up with mashed potatoes and some nice sourdough bread.
*Chasing Supermom Tip!
The pack of pork I bought from the store had six pieces. We only needed four for our family. I put the other two pieces of meat in my Dutch oven with a little oil, and seasoned them with salt and pepper. After the pork had browned up on both sides, I added water, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and parsley, and let the mixture cook and reduce a bit.
Next, I put the warm meat into my Kitchen-Aid mixer, and using my paddle attachment, made shredded pork! (I will NEVER use forks to shred my meat again!) I put the shredded pork into a freezer bag and now I have pork ready to go for pulled pork. All I will need to do is add bbq sauce!Pin It