I am all about simple. With four kids under 6, I don’t have a ton of time to spend in the kitchen, so I am always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes that will please my little crowd. My kids have been waking up for VBS this week after going to bed late because of track and field camp. They are playing hard every day and expending lots of energy. I told them I would make them a special breakfast this week. They asked for coffee cake. I went to make it, and was reminded that we are out of milk. What was I going to do? The kids would wake up expecting coffee cake….Then, I remembered a recipe I’d seen on Pinterest about a zillion times. I’d tried it at Bible study earlier this year, and was happily surprised that it was indeed pin-worthy. (Because lord knows, there are lots out there that should NOT have so many pins!)
This tasty breakfast cake (that also makes an awesome dessert), contains just TWO ingredients. Who doesn’t love that? It also happens to be fat free, and delicious!
Here is what you’ll need to make this quick little cake…
1 can apple pie filling (any flavor pie filling would work)
1 angel food cake mix
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
3. Mix together the dry cake mix and the can of pie filling. Spread into the 13×9 pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out clean.
5. You can serve this with a dollop of whipped cream if you like.
That’s it…SUPER easy, quick, cheap, and a crowd-pleaser! (Yay for the Supermom Trifecta of cooking!)