Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for sponsoring this post. Find delicious recipes and learn more about Unilever spreads by visiting www.itisgoodtoknow.com. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective.
I was asked to substitute one of Unilever’s amazing spreads in two of my Thanksgiving recipes. Eagerly, I headed to my local grocery store, and picked up a pack of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, and went home to cook! The results were DELICIOUS! I am so excited to share the recipes I created with you. Both of these dishes would make a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving menu!
Any of you have a kiddo who is somewhat hesitant to eat their veggies? You’ve got to try these delicious glazed carrots.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these irresistible vegetables that would be the perfect compliment to your Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham.
Sweet Glazed Carrots
- 16 oz baby carrots
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 T I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
These are incredibly easy and a definite crowd-pleaser.
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir together.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and boil for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
These could not be any easier! Even finicky eaters will enjoy these lightly sweet glazed carrots.
The second dish I made using I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter was a twist on the traditional pumpkin pie. I’m not a fan of pumpkin pie, so I’m always on the lookout for alternatives. You are going to love these little Pumpkin Puffs!
- 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package Pumpkin Spice pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 T sugar
Cream puffs are the perfect dessert to bring to your next holiday gathering. You’ll look like you spent hours slaving in the kitchen making delicate pastry, when in reality, cream puffs come together in just minutes. (Hey, if I managed to make these with four kids running around the kitchen, you can do it too!) A tray of these little beauties are super impressive and equally delicious.
1.Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
2. Melt the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter with the water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil.
3. Stir in the salt and flour, and stir until the dough forms a ball.
4. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl (I used my Kitchen-Aid), and mix in the eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is well incorporated.
5. Drop small spoonfuls of the batter onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
While your cream puffs are in the oven….
6. Mix together the pudding mix and milk. Allow the pudding to set up in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
7. Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream and sugar until you have nice semi-stiff peaks.
8. Mix together the prepared pudding and whipped cream.
9. Once your cream puffs have cooled, split them in half with a serrated knife. Fill the cream puffs with the pumpkin pudding mixture.
Your family and friends will be delighted with these bite-sized treats. Happy cooking and happy holidays!!
To find more great recipes featuring I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, click HERE!
Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.