If you’ve been following the blog for very long, you know that I am a nut for handprint crafts! I absolutely LOVE them and make a point to try to come up with one or two for every holiday. They’re quick, easy, and mark a place in time. I know that in 10 years, I can look back and see just how small my babies used to be.
I did today’s craft with my two boys. Painting their feet really made them giggle, and this was a lot of fun for both of them. They had a blast, I have a super-cute Easter decoration to hang up, and the whole project was done and cleaned up in about 10 minutes!
1. Paint the bottom of one of your child’s feet with washable craft paint. We made gray/black bunnies since we were using white paper.
2. Stamp your child’s foot down on the paper two times, slightly at an angle to form the ears. You’ll want to stamp them like this: \/.
3. Wash your child’s foot…because really, no one wants to risk your kid forgetting they have black paint on their foot….
4. Paint one of your child’s hands, and have them stamp it down in between the footprint ears, with the fingers closed.
5. Allow the bunny to dry for a few minutes, then have your child create a nose using their thumb and a bit of black or pink paint.
6. Add a mouth and whiskers using a black marker. (Word to the wise – if you’re using a Sharpie, HIDE it when you’re done. You don’t want to have that day…..trust me!)
7. If you like, add googly eyes. If you don’t have googly eyes, feel free to use the marker to draw some eyes.
Hang up your hand and footprint bunny and enjoy him throughout the Easter season!
Have a “hoppy” Easter everyone!!