Today is my oldest child’s birthday. I can’t think of a better way to show a child you love them than with a book! Reading enlarges a child’s world.
In the words of most beloved Roald Dahl,
“I have a passion for teaching kids to become readers, to become comfortable with a book, not daunted. Books shouldn’t be daunting, they should be funny, exciting and wonderful; and learning to be a reader gives a terrific advantage.”
This year on your child’s birthday, give the gift of reading! Books after all, are the most incredible present. How else could you wrap up a pirate adventure, an afternoon with a dinosaur, or the companionship of a big red dog? Inspire your child. Activate their imagination. Awaken their creativity. Books are magical, wonderful, and the perfect vehicle for quality time.
Happy Birthday and happy reading!! I hope you will enjoy these 25 books all about birthdays!
1. Happy Birthday To You by Dr. Seuss
2. Arthur’s Birthday by Marc Brown
3. Fancy Nancy and the Butterfly Birthday by Jane O’Connor
4. Birthday Monsters by Sandra Boynton
5. Curious George and the Birthday Surprise by H.A. Rey
6. A Birthday for Frances by Russel Hoban
7. Happy Birthday Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel
8. Happy Birthday Moon by Frank Asch
9. The Secret Birthday Message by Eric Carle
10. Froggy Bakes a Cake by Jonathan London
11. The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Birthday by Stan Berenstain
12. Happy Birthday Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
13. Clifford’s Birthday Party by Norman Bridwell
14. Happy Birthday Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff
15. Little Miss Birthday by Roger Hargreaves
16. How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Birthday? by Jane Yolen
17. Happy Birthday Biscuit! by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
18. 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass
19. Junie B. Jones And That Meanie Jim’s Birthday by Barbara Park
20. Cam Jansen: The Birthday Mystery by David A. Adler
21. Mama, I’ll Give You the World by Roni Schotter
22. On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
23. Happy Birthday Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald
24. Carl’s Birthday by Alexandra Day
25. Scaredy Squirrel Has a Birthday Party by Melanie Watt
Here’s to a happy birthday for all of you filled with lots of laughter, friends and family, and tons and tons of reading!!!
If you like this book list, you may want to check out:
100 Chapter Books You MUST Read to Your Kids
100 Picture Books You MUST Read to Your Kids
44 Books About Presidents for Kids
Great collection! Love that Junie B.! 🙂 Happy Birthday!