School stops for summer….learning never should! As a former teacher, I can attest to how much is lost over the summer months. While I whole-heartedly believe that learning can and will occur through play and experiences during the summer, it is vital that parents provide opportunities for their child to practice learned skills and work towards mastering new ones during their break.
For the second year in a row, we have been blessed to try the Summer Bridge Activity workbooks from Carson-Dellosa (one of my all-time favorite companies!) What I love about these workbooks is how kid-friendly and mom-friendly they are! I love that even the busiest of moms can make this work for her kids. These don’t require prep work, lesson plans, or extra supplies.
Kids love the workbooks because the activities are varied, the tasks don’t take an overwhelming amount of time (most days take 5-8 minutes), and when it comes down to it…kids like to learn! Kids want to and NEED to be engaged! An active mind makes for a happy kid. Taking a few minutes each day to focus on schoolwork helps give focus to a child. It’s a great transition activity or a wonderful way to begin a day.
My kids really enjoy working in their Summer Bridge Activity books! They are often disappointed when I won’t let them do more than one page each day! I think they would both happily sit and work through the book for hours if I let them!
Here is some info on the incredible Summer Bridge Activity books:
- Each workbook is divided into 3 main sections, one for each month of the summer. (This is an EASY way to stay on track!)
- Sections begin with a goal-setting activity, a word list, and information for parents about the fitness and character development activities located within the section.
- The fun, age-appropriate activities focus on core subjects such as reading, writing, math, and social studies.
- Bonus extension activities at the end of each section! (We LOVE these! This is great for moms who want to take the learning activities a bit further, but may not have the time or resources to develop a curriculum on their own!)
- Each workbook contains 160 full color pages!
- Includes bonus stickers, flash cards, and award certificate
- Available for Pre-K – 8th grade!!! (EVERY child can benefit from these great workbooks!)
Click HERE to check out all of the Summer Bridge Activity workbooks and other great Summer Bridge products! The workbooks are a STEAL at just $14.95!!! These are also available as an ebook for just $5.99!!
*We received free product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.