Last night, my husband and I were headed to a birthday party for one of our close friends. Everyone was supposed to bring an appetizer. I knew most people would be bringing something savory, and couldn’t pass up the opportunity to bake. I may or may not have fantasies about having some type of baking show on Food Network. =) I wanted to make something that looked fancy without actually having to make something too elaborate or time-consuming, and came up with these little brownie bites.
These delicious little brownie bites are crazy easy, but give the appearance that you spent all day in the kitchen. This is one to keep in your back pocket, as the recipe is full of short-cuts, but is totally “fancy” enough to take to something like a party, bridal shower, etc. Everyone at the party loved these, and were reaching for seconds, thirds, (sixths, eighths) all night! You’re going to love them!
1 brownie mix + ingredients to make as directed on box
1 tub chocolate Cool Whip Frosting (*Feel free to make your own chocolate mousse if you have an aversion to Cool Whip and its innate deliciousness.)
1/2 c. Heath toffee bits
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Liberally coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. (If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, a regular muffin pan will work, but seriously – I adore mine, and use it all the time!)
3. Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box, and fill the muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. One brownie mix makes about 5 dozen mini brownie bowls.
4. As soon as you pull the brownies out of the oven, use a spoon to create an indentation in the middle of each brownie. Press down in one direction, and then the opposite direction to form a little brownie bowl.
5. Once the brownies are cool, remove from the pan and place on your serving tray.
6. Scoop the chocolate Cool Whip frosting into a piping bag, and fill each of the brownie cups.
7. Top with the Heath toffee bits (found next to the chocolate chips at the grocery store!) and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy! Your friends and family are going to love these, and will think you are a fancy-pants baker! (Hey, maybe that’s what I could call my Food Network show.) =) Happy baking everyone!
Like chocolate? Love to bake? You Might Also Like…