*This post is sponsored by Werther’s Original® via MomSelect. I received free product to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.
When I say caramel, what do you think about? For me, my immediate response is apples! So, when my case of Werther’s Original® Baking Caramels arrived at my door, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do – make caramel apples!
I’ve been including caramel apples in my fall plans for years. My kids look forward to their caramel apples each year. But, with the apples I’ve made in the past, I’ve run into a few problems. As much as we love making caramel treats, the very thought of trying to open the caramels makes my hands hurt. That’s why I was SO pleasantly surprised with how incredibly easy it was to open the Werther’s Original Baking Caramels. A friend and I unwrapped the caramels from 12 bags in about 10 minutes!
I brought the caramels to my mom’s group, Chasing Supermom Vancouver. Our group of moms had a blast making caramel apples for their family. We were all impressed at how easily the caramels melted. The caramel was smooth and coated the apples with ease.
The Werther’s Original Baking Caramels are the only caramels made with real butter and fresh cream – and the difference is in the taste! My son told me that he liked his caramel apple so much, that he wanted to hug and kiss it! All of us had a lot of fun creating our apples together, and our children were grateful. Why not invite some of your friends over and have a caramel apple party of your own?
Here are a few tips to host your own Caramel Apple Party:
1. Make sure you have plenty of caramel. One bag is enough to coat about 4 apples.
2. Work quickly! Caramel will harden up fast, so be ready to begin dipping once your caramel is removed from the heat.
3. Choose a variety of fun toppings to personalize your apples. Small candies, nuts, and other toppings such as coconut, toffee, and sprinkles work well.
4. When you’re ready to serve your apples, try slicing them in half or into quarters. The apples are a bit easier to eat this way.
5. If your caramel has hardened up, and is a bit hard to bite through, try zapping your apple in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it up a bit.
You can click HERE to purchase a bag of these tasty little caramels on Amazon, or check your local grocery store. These are new, so keep watching your store shelves!
Click HERE to find lots of tasty caramel recipes (think Pinterest for caramel lovers), special offers, sweepstakes, and more! It’s a caramel-lovers paradise!)