*This post is sponsored by Carson-Dellosa. I received free product in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
It’s not too late to help your child get back on track and ready for the coming school year. Carson-Dellosa makes it SO easy to give your child the extra boost he/she needs to hit the ground running this fall. The Summer Bridge Activities books provide practice on important skills – skills that are too often lost or forgotten during the summer months.
As a former teacher, I can attest to how much can be lost over the summer. While I love allowing my kids opportunities to learn through play and exploration during the summer, I also know just how important it is for them to practice learned skills and work towards mastering new ones during their break.
This is our third year using the Summer Bridge Activity workbooks from Carson-Dellosa. Each year I turn to Carson-Dellosa, not only because they are a trusted leader in the educational supply industry, but because I have witnessed firsthand the benefits that occur from daily practice. The Summer Bridge Activity books are EASY to use – even for the busiest mom. I love that without any prep-work on my part, my kids can get the practice and skill work they need to stay fresh and ready for their upcoming school year.
Kids love the workbooks because the activities are varied, the tasks don’t take an overwhelming amount of time (most days take 5-8 minutes), and when it comes down to it…kids like to learn! Kids want to and NEED to be engaged! An active mind makes for a happy kid. Taking a few minutes each day to focus on schoolwork helps give focus to a child. It’s a great transition activity or a wonderful way to begin a day.
I also enjoy the variety. One day my child will be working on telling time and identifying long vowel sounds. The next day he’ll be doing some writing and solving addition facts. Typically, each day will include a Language Arts activity as well as a math activity. I also love that you can choose the book that is right for your child. You can check out a preview of the books online and see which book is right for your child. My daughter is working on the book true to her grade level, while my son is working one grade level ahead, as he works better when he is challenged.
Here is some info on the incredible Summer Bridge Activity books:
- Each workbook is divided into 3 main sections, one for each month of the summer. (This is an EASY way to stay on track!)
- Sections begin with a goal-setting activity, a word list, and information for parents about the fitness and character development activities located within the section.
- The fun, age-appropriate activities focus on core subjects such as reading, writing, math, and social studies.
- Bonus extension activities at the end of each section! (We LOVE these! This is great for moms who want to take the learning activities a bit further, but may not have the time or resources to develop a curriculum on their own!)
- Each workbook contains 160 full color pages!
- Includes bonus stickers, flash cards, and award certificate
- Available for Pre-K – 8th grade!!! (EVERY child can benefit from these great workbooks!)
Click HERE to check out all of the Summer Bridge Activity workbooks and other great Summer Bridge products! The workbooks are a STEAL at just $14.95!!! These are also available as an ebook for just $9.99!!