We always have a HUGE bumper crop of zucchini. While I love experimenting with savory zucchini dishes, one of my favorite things to make is Zucchini Muffins. This year, I decided to play around with my recipe a bit – and the result was this recipe.
These zucchini apple muffins are kid-friendly (all four of mine can’t get enough!), and are perfect for a grab and go breakfast. I tend to leave the bowl out on the counter for snacks as well. These tasty muffins disappear – just in time for me to use up the next zucchini. I hope you enjoy them.
3 cups grated zucchini (make sure you don’t get any seeds!)
1 2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup applesauce (I use cinnamon applesauce, but you can use whatever you have on hand.)
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 large apples, grated
Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees. Grate your zucchini and apples.
1. Mix together zucchini, sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.
2. Add in dry ingredients. Mix.
3. Gently stir in grated apple.
4. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
5. Bake for approximately 17-20 minutes. (Oven time may vary. A toothpick should come out clean when done.)
6. Cool on counter. Eat and enjoy!
Watch these delicious muffins disappear before your eyes. They are moist, flavorful, and so comforting. These are one of my favorite ways to start the day in the summer months. Happy baking everyone!