I’m not going to lie. I’m a big fan of comfort food. And this meal definitely falls into the “comfort food” category. Not only was it super tasty, all six of us had clean plates….Do you know what kind of miracle that is?!!
This was the first time I’d ever cooked with Hormel chunk meat Chicken Breast. I was a little skeptical of canned chicken -but honestly, it was really good – and oh so convenient! Do you know how much I loved that I didn’t have to defrost, cut up, and cook chicken breast? All the hard work was done for me – and I could jump right in to the all the dinner prep. Thanks Hormel!
This meal really is delicious! If you’re hesitant because of all the tasty dough, butter, cream cheese, etc….do a few more sets of crunches and eat a salad tomorrow. It’s so worth it. Ready to cook? Let’s go!
2 cans Hormel® chunk meat Chicken Breast
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
2 packages Big & Flaky Crescent Rolls (regular would work fine too, but might hold a little less filling)
2 cups Corn Flakes (crushed)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Open and drain the two cans of chicken. Empty into a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, and mix well.
2. Pop open the cans of crescent rolls, and separate into triangles.
3. Roll out the triangles just a bit with a rolling pin. Add a couple of Tablespoons of filling to the center of the crescent roll. (You might need to experiment to see how much works for you.)
4. Carefully roll up the crescent, being careful to cover all of the filling.
5. Melt your butter. Dip the top of each filled crescent into the butter. Next, dip each buttery crescent into the crushed Corn Flakes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the dough is cooked through.
7. While your crescents are baking, add a can of cream of chicken soup, a scoop of sour cream (I honestly didn’t measure), and a splash of milk to the rest of your melted butter. Whisk together to create a nice little sauce for the top of your crescents.
Enjoy this simple, affordable, and delicious family weeknight meal!
Click for more recipes featuring Hormel® chunk meat Chicken Breast.
*This post is sponsored by Hormel. As a member of the Hormel Extended Family team of bloggers, I receive free product and information to facilitate my posts. All opinions are my own.