My kids are FINALLY on summer break, and I couldn’t be more excited to have them home. Our summer bucket list has been made, and we are more than ready for a summer full of nature walks, trips to the park, s’mores by the fire, and lazy afternoons. This year, the biggest item on our bucket list includes a big cross-country road trip as a family!!
As a mother of four, I have to say that one of the most important things you can do to have a successful road trip is PREPARE! Preparation and planning are key to having a smooth and enjoyable road trip – especially if you are traveling with young children. Here are my Top Five Road Trip Essentials:
1. Road Trip Play List – Make sure to load up your device with family-friendly tunes that won’t have you wanting to rip off your ears by mile 50! Some of our go-to’s include movie soundtracks and our Disneyland cd!
2. Frequent “Fun” Stops – Everyone knows that you’ll need to make regular bathroom breaks, but I think a key to a great road trip are what I like to call “Sanity Stops!” Stop at a park and let the kids play on the playground for thirty minutes. Grab an ice cream from the local road-stand. Stop at the scenic viewpoints. ENJOY the whole trip, and don’t focus solely on the destination!
3. Activity Bags – Before you go, fill a quality canvas bag with a variety of NEW books, notebooks, activity pads, reusable sticker pads, and more. Every few hours (or whenever the kids start to get antsy!), let them grab a new activity to keep them busy. (My trick – the bags were kept in the front by me – so I could make sure they didn’t go through all the new activities in the first hour!!)
4. Camera – (And I don’t just mean your iPhone!) Stop and take pictures. Capture moments. Take pictures of things that are gorgeous and things that are altogether regular. Snap that pic of your four year old snoozing in the backseat and your 8 year old’s face when he sees the Grand Canyon for the first time. Relish the beauty of the journey and the ups and downs that happen when you pile a family in the car. You are going to want to remember the trip, as road trips are often some of the BEST times to make memories (both good and bad!) as a family!
5. Snacks!! – Let’s get real here for a minute…being “hangry” ain’t pretty! While I recommend scheduling fun stops, it’s not always feasible to stop at a restaurant or mini-mart every time someone in the car gets hungry! Pack up a cooler with drinks and snacks, so that whenever you get the munchies, you’ll be covered!
Speaking of tasty snacks, Fisher® Nuts (which I’m sure you already know and love) have come out with an all-new snack food that is unlike anything on the market. These snack bites combine (are you ready for this…) roasted nuts, whole-grain popcorn, and amazing toppings like chocolate, peanut butter, and salted caramel!! AND, at only 15 calories a bite, you can indulge your craving for something just a little bit sweet and a little bit salty without a lot of guilt! You can get Fisher Nut Exactly at retailers like Walmart and Costco nationwide. (And trust me, you’ll want to!)
Not going on a road trip this summer? No problem! I’ve been enjoying Fisher Nut Exactly in the evenings too! These are the perfect bedtime snack, providing that sweetness I find myself craving in the evenings.
Fisher Nut Exactly snack bites are available in the following DELICIOUS flavors:
o Almond Popcorn Dipped in Dark Chocolate
o Pecan Popcorn Dipped in Salted Caramel
o Peanut Popcorn Dipped in Peanut Butter
(The Almond Popcorn Dipped in Dark Chocolate is my personal favorite, but I can honestly tell you that they are ALL delicious!)
Pick up a bag (or six) the next time you’re at the grocery store, and have your family snacking happy all summer long!
Stay Connected on Social Media:
o Fisher on Facebook
o Fisher on Twitter
For more information about where to buy Fisher Nut Exactly, visit www.FisherNutExactly.com
One of my very lucky readers is going to get to sample these delicious snack bites from Fisher® AND win some money to help them have some fun this summer!! (I love my job!)
Prize package includes a suite of the new Fisher NUT EXACTLY snack bites and a $50 Visa Gift Card!! This is the PERFECT prize for families who are getting ready to get away this summer! Get those entries in and good luck!