Grinch Cookies & Bonus Grinch Activities
It’s easy to feel like the grinch during the holidays. Between shopping for and wrapping gifts, decorating the home, attending holiday parties, services, and events, and trying to live up to our Christmas expectations (we really need to stop that!), it’s easy to let stress steal our Christmas joy.
Baking brings me joy. I love getting into the kitchen and coming out with a delicious treat for my family to enjoy. These grinchy cookies are green, covered in green sugar, and absolutely delicious. They won’t make your holiday ham for you or find that perfect last-minute gift, BUT, they just might make you smile. And who knows, your heart might just grow a size or two. =) Merry Christmas!
1 white cake mix
1/2 cup oil
green food coloring
red M&M candies (or red hots, skittles,etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs until well blended. Add in desired amount of food coloring. (The cookies tend to lighten up as they bake.)
- Roll balls of dough in green sugar, coating all sides.
- Place cookies onto baking sheet. Place a red candy on top of each cookie, and bake for approximately 7-8 minutes. (I always underbake a bit, and allow the cookies to finish baking on the sheet on a wire rack.)
- Serve and enjoy! This recipe yields about 18 cookies.
Here are a few fun BONUS Grinch activities! Have fun and Merry Christmas!!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas:
*Purchasing through my affiliate link helps me provide for my family at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Learning Activity Ideas:
- Talk about adjectives and/or synonyms and come up with a list of words that could be used to describe the grinch.
Grinch Writing Activities:
- Why do you think the Grinch hates Christmas? Write a story that explains what happened to the Grinch to make him hate Christmas.
- I Feel Like A Grinch When….(Printable) from Second Grade Fun
Just for Fun:
Make Grinch Goo (aka – Oobleck!) Make up a batch and color it green! Enjoy sensory fun!
Have fun and Merry Christmas!Pin It