Books have always been one of my favorite things. Books have brought me adventure, escape, comfort, advice, knowledge, and entertainment. They’ve inspired me, sparked ideas, promoted creativity, and been a source of great encouragement.
I’ve said before that I believe one of the single most important things you can do for your child is instill a love of books inside them. Read to them. Read in front of them. Read every day.
To help spark your little valentine’s love of learning, give the gift of books this Valentine’s Day. Is there really a better way to say “I love you?!” I don’t know about you, but I’d take a box of books over a box of chocolates ANY day of the week!
I’ve compiled a list of 50 Valentine’s themed books for your kids. There is a list of board books for your littlest valentines, a list of picture books, and even a list of chapter books for your developing readers. Look through the list and find a few that your child would love.
Happy Valentine’s Day and happy reading!!
- Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day is Cool by James Dean
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Valentine by Herman Parish
- The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll
- Arthur’s Valentine by Marc Brown
- Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli (one of my all-time faves!)
- The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
- Happy Valentine’s Day Curious George
- Fancy Nancy: Heart to Heart by Jane O’Connor
- Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane deGroat
- Pete the Cat’s Groovy Guide to Love by James Dean
- Mr. Goat’s Valentine by Eve Bunting
- Splat the Cat: Funny Valentine by Rob Scotton
- Peanuts: Be My Valentine Charlie Brown by Charles Schulz
- Wrecking Valentine’s Day: A LEGO City Book by Trey King
- Snowy Valentine by David Petersen
- The Night Before Valentine’s Day by Natasha Wing
- A Valentine for Percy
- The Very Fairy Princess: Valentines From the Heart by Julie Andrews
- A Crankenstein Valentine by Samantha Berger
- The Ballad of Valentine by Alison Jackson
- Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day by Norman Bridwell
- Valentines are for Saying I Love You by Margaret Sutherland
- Plant a Kiss by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Valentine’s Day Is by Gail Gibbons
- The Valentine Express by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
- Valentine’s Day by Anne Rockwell
- Geronimo Stilton: Valentine’s Day Disaster
- Geronimo Stilton: Geronimo’s Valentine
- Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine by Barbara Park
- Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew: Valentine’s Day Secret by Carolyn Keene
- Cam Jansen and the Valentine Baby Mystery by David A. Adler
- Valentine’s Day Dognapping (A Scooby Doo Book) by Gail Herman
- The Valentine Star by Patricia Reilly Giff
- The Critter Club: Ellie’s Lovely Idea by Callie Barkley
- Fancy Nancy (Nancy Clancy): Nancy Clancy Secret Admirer by Jane O’Connor
*Post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help me support my family at no extra cost to you. Thank you!!