This post is written in partnership with Disney-Hyperion. Disney-Hyperion is partnering with me for a giveaway! Opinions are my own. Post contains affiliate links.
With summer right around the corner, now is the time to start stocking up on great summer reads (for you AND your kids!) The Trials of Apollo series by Rick Riordan (the master of making myths accessible and humorous) is a set of books that has appealed to my upper elementary schooler, my middle schooler, and to me!
We are so excited – the third book in The Trials of Apollo Series, The Burning Maze hit shelves May 1, as did a new companion title to the recently re-designed Kane Chronicles trilogy:Brooklyn House Magician’s Manual!
Here’s a little more about The Burning Maze:
The formerly glorious god Apollo, cast down to earth in punishment by Zeus, is now an awkward mortal teenager named Lester Papadopoulos. In order to regain his place on Mount Olympus, Lester must restore five Oracles that have gone dark. But he has to achieve this impossible task without having any godly powers and while being duty-bound to a confounding young daughter of Demeter named Meg. Thanks a lot, Dad.
Friends both familiar and new will emerge in The Burning Maze, Book Three of the New York Times #1 best-selling Trials of Apollo series, a twisty adventure featuring a hapless god who somehow still manages to think he’s red-hot.
More About The Trials of Apollo Series:
- The protagonist is none other than Apollo himself – only he’s an awkward mortal teenager named Lester who doesn’t happen to have any god-like powers. His mission? To restore 5 oracles, and get back in Zeus’s good graces.
- The books are written from the POV of Apollo.
- If you were a fan of the Percy Jackson series, you’ll be delighted! Your favorite characters from Camp Half-Blood (I wear my Camp Half-Blood hoodie all the time!) and Camp Jupiter will make appearances throughout the series.
- You’ll meet NEW friends and demigods along the way – including Meg, Apollo’s sidekick and secret weapon.
- And, what would a great series be without villains? There are plenty of villains to keep things interesting!
Rick Riordan writes with such humor – really breathing new life into the mythological figures by bringing them into the modern world. (The homeschooling parent in me wants to mention that ANY of the Rick Riordan books/series would make fantastic companions to any sort of mythological studies unit!) We can’t wait to find out what happens in The Burning Maze!
I haven’t read The Kane Chronicles Trilogy (yet) – but fans of Rick Riordan’s Greek & Roman and Norse mythology adventures will love his funny and exciting take on Ancient Egypt in the Kane Chronicles trilogy, now with dynamic new cover artwork and Percy Jackson-Kane Chronicles crossover stories.
More about The Kane Chronicles series:
- Mysteries of Ancient Egypt: Egyptian mythology is more widely studied in school curriculum than ancient Greece. Both familiar and loaded with mystique, ancient Egypt is the perfect backdrop for Rick’s imaginative brand of storytelling. Readers will leap at this real-world portal into the rich fantastical world of ancient myth.
- More of the Good Stuff: Rick combines all his fortes–witty, relatable heroes, gods & monsters, prophecies, curses, and non-stop action–in this best-selling hit.
The Brooklyn House Magician’s Manual is the companion to the Kane Chronicles. (And it just came out!!)
Calling all young magicians of Egypt! If the blood of the pharaohs runs in your veins, you can’t afford to be without this guide to Ancient Egyptian deities and creatures, and Carter and Sadie Kane’s world of magic. Featuring fans’ favorite human, divine, and animal characters for the bestselling Kane Chronicles trilogy, Brooklyn House Magician’s Manual offers info about Egyptian mythology in laugh-out-loud entries with surprises throughout, including snarky comments from Sadie Kane and a dastardly plot by an old enemy.
More about Brooklyn House Magician’s Manual:
- Tie-in to Best-Selling Kane Chronicles Trilogy featuring fans’ favorite human, divine, and animal characters.
- Offers Info About Egyptian Mythology in laugh-out-loud entries from favorite characters.
- Has Surprises Running Throughout, including snarky comments from Sadie Kane and a dastardly plot by an old enemy.
I don’t know about you – but I want to START READING! So finish this post, enter the giveaway – and get your hands on these books! Happy reading everyone!
Follow Read Riordan on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Follow Disney-Hyperion on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Join the conversation using #ReadRiordan, #TheBurningMaze, #TrialsofApollo, or #KaneChronicles
You can purchase Rick Riordan’s books on Amazon, or at a local bookseller near you!
One lucky Chasing Supermom reader is going to win an incredible Rick Riordan prize pack! Get your entries in, and good luck! Happy reading everyone!
One (1) winner receives a “Summer of Magic & Mazes” beach tote plus seven Rick Riordan books!
- The Trials of Apollo series — with an autographed copy of The Burning Maze!
- The Kane Chronicles trilogy – plus new companion book Brooklyn House Magician’s Manual!
Giveaway open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Disney-Hyperion. All entries will be validated.
My favorite children’s book is anything about Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. Thank you for the giveaway!
Great giveaway! My favorite kids books are the I Survived Series books. Love them!
We are currently listening to I Survived the Titanic on audiobook!
I really love Anne of Green Gables and A Wrinkle In TIme.
I use to love Shel Silverstein books. Where the sidewalk ends was one of my favorites.
I loved the Nancy Drew series.
I loved The Chronicles of Narnia when I was a kid!
horton hears a who
One of my favorites will always be the Harry Potter series.
My favorite is the cat in the hat
My favorite childrens books were the Little House on the Prairie series
My kids love the Harry Potter books.
Are You My Mother? is my favorite.
My favorite is The Giver